Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Time is Precious........The Fire In Stamford

 I have been blogging now for over a year, and all of my blogs have been centered around my bedding  website.  Today I have to talk about something totally different, because I just can't get this story out of my mind.  When I woke up Christmas morning to the news of the fire in Stamford, it just broke my heart, as it did many hearts.  For those of you that don't know the story, it is one of the saddest stories I have ever heard.  ( For more detailed information about the fire please click on this link. )   The owner of this home lost her only 3 children, ages 10 and twin 7 year old girls, and her parents.  The cause of the fire was from the embers of a fireplace that were left on the porch. On the news it was reported that a woman stated "my whole life is in their", and I just couldn't get those words out of my head, for I knew right then that those where the words of a mother.  A day has not gone by that I have not thought of this story, and what this woman is going through.

When I woke up this morning, there was more news of this story, and this additional news prompted me to write.   Ever since I heard about the cause of the fire, I just couldn't understand the need to clean out the fireplace on Christmas Eve.  My thought was, why couldn't you just wait a day or two, what was the big rush??  It was reported that the fireplace was cleaned out because the "girls where concerned about Santa being able to come down the chimney".  That further broke my heart.....Life is short and time is precious. 


No comments:

Post a Comment